Successful Christmas Decor
I’m sure you’ve noticed by now that Christmas is just around the corner. Are you having the main Christmas meal at your place this year? It could be a big family breakfast, lunch or dinner but it will require some thought and preparation.
Here are my ideas on decorating your home and table for Christmas;
1) Choose a theme or a colour scheme, for example, your theme could be floral or coastal and a colour scheme could be traditional such as red, green, gold and silver, white and blue or turquoise, gold and while.
2) For your Christmas table, choose the centrepiece first and then build each table setting around this.
3) Carry your theme or colour scheme through the rest of the house such as front door, hallway, staircase even powder room.
4) Audit your kitchenware and tableware, do you have enough of everything from chairs to plates, glasses, and cutlery?
5) Finally, use the interior design principle of repetition to create a great Christmas look. Once you choose your theme or colour scheme, stick to it throughout your house from table to Christmas tree to Christmas wrapping.
If all this sounds too much or too expensive, be creative for example use simple brown wrapping paper, with tartan ribbon and gum nuts. By repeating this simple look you will create a luxurious feel.
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas filled with love and your favourite people.