I recently hung up some art and various prints in my bedroom and got unstuck with the above blue/black themed vignette. Firstly trying to centre it on the right wall and then ensure that each piece is evenly spaced and one thing I didn’t count on was the length of the rope in the back which impacts the drop…
Apartment Therapy have some tips and short video I wanted to share with you, although you might need to convert the measurements;
Step By Step:
1. Measure and lightly mark 57″ on the wall
2. Measure artwork and divide by 2 (this gives you the center)
3. Measure top of your picture to the tightened wire (a small amount)
4. Subtract “tight wire” amount from 1/2 height amount for the “to the hook” amount. This will tell you how far above 57″ your hook should go
5. Lightly mark wall just above 57″ with the “to the hook” amount
For more information and a short video click here.
Hanging a single piece is manageable but as it’s on trend to put up vignettes or groups of wall hangings it’s worth spending some time to plan, configure, check the hanging mechanism on the back, use poster paper and blue tack on the wall first and if you’re still unsure bring in a professional. It’s wise to get it right the first time.